Is Toyota Glanza Different from Maruti Suzuki Nexa.?
For the first glance, Glanza can be mistaken as Baleno because both are from one root i.e. Suzuki, the only way to spot is the branding logo. As per agreement Suzuki is sharing its vast selling Baleno with Toyota and there are some pros and cons of this venture like:
Baleno vs Glanza Offerings:
- Glana is Available with 1.2 L BS-VI compliant engine
- Glanza is offered with 3 years or 1 lakh km warranty and RSA expandable to 2.20lakh kilometers or 5 year warranty whereas Baleno is offered with 40,000 or 2 year warranty.
- Glanza is offering smart touchscreen with Apple Carplay and Android Auto whereas Baleno is equipped with Smartplay studio system which also supports geo fencing and Smart App offered for 10,000rs for 3 years.
- Glanza is available in G and V models which are top ranging products (Zeta and Alpha) from Baleno available in manual and 7 speed CVT gearbox
- There is no price difference among the variants except G MT variant is 65000 cheaper then Baleno’s zeta Mt model.
Glance at the Exteriors
Glanza’s both the models are loaded with features making it a premium hatch and on the outside it look stylish and sporty with tonns of attitude and charm specially in “Sporting Red” color and two slat 3D surround chrome grille is the only visible difference. Automatic LED Projector Headlamps with follow me home and DRLs, smooth floating roof design with blacked out B and C pillars, fog lamps, rear defogger and rear vipers, smart entry, and retractable ORVMs are all standard features.
Seats are nice and comfy with good thigh support and 6 way adjustable seating position. Ride hight is nice and low and all the gizmos are easy reachable and nicely placed. Easy access 7 inch touchscreen is offered with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto paired with 4 door speakers and 2 twitters.
On steering controls are small and clustered in one side and also supports the option of Active Voice Command which can be used for Navigation and playback controls.
Start/Stop button and smart entry from all doors, Automatic Climate control, 12v charging sockets, Anti-pinch and tinted/ Uv cut glass shields, 60|40 split seats, lots of storage space are the offered amenities.
The 1.2 K-series 4 cylinder petrol engine is paired with mild hybrid li-ion battery which recharges through regenerative brakes. Together they produce the power of 83bhp and 114nm torque giving a smooth and linear drive and the engine is so quite that you won’t hear any engine sound until you revv hard to 4000-5000 rpm. available in 5 speed manual and 7speed CVT gear options.
Glanza Offers nice linear ride with no engine sound in cabin and the 6 way seat adjustment, tilt and telescopic steering allows you to adjust as per your riding position. Nice long Wheelbase and body to weight ratio is well maitained providing a great stability at high speeds and the safety feature like 2 airbags, ABS, EBD and Brake assist, Parking assist with camera and sensors are the reason Glanza Scored perfect Five in global Ncap Crash Test.